Catch up on our Force For Nature Festivals, hear Young Tree Champions speaking up for trees and read our Beacon School case studies.
“The biggest benefits that have we gained from our YTC project are a much greater focus, students asking a lot more questions, taking an interest in the environment and generally having a more engaged approach to all tasks.” Beacon School Teacher.
The Young Tree Champions motto is to be a Force For Nature. We do this by:
- Growing a deeper connection with each other, trees and nature
- Learning about the amazing role of trees and nature in tackling the climate and nature crises
- Taking responsibility to care for trees and nature
- Finding the courage to speak up and share their knowledge and passion for trees and nature to inspire others.
- Yellow tree = Young Tree Champion Club Accounts
- Blue tree = Young Tree Champion Project Schools
- Green tree = Young Tree Champion National Beacon Schools
Over the last year…
National Beacon Schools
The Young Tree Champion Beacon Schools have gone the extra mile to be a Force For Nature. Excelling in connecting, learning, caring and sharing the power of trees and nature. Developing their school grounds through planting talking tree trails to expanding their Forest School area and orchard, to engaging the school and wider community through events, talks and even films!
Learn more about our Beacon schools in the case studies below:
We inspired and empowered young people from across the country to find their voice and Speak Up for Trees and Nature. Hear some fantastic Young Tree Champions Speaking Up for Trees and Nature.
Force For Nature Festivals
The Tree Council has teamed up with M&G plc and Kusuma Trust and partners, including Eco-schools, Forest Schools and Youth Scotland, to deliver two online Force for Nature Festivals. The festivals bring together schools from across the UK to celebrate and share their achievements and Force For Nature journey.
Force For Nature Festival
England & Wales
- Special guest Lucy Lapwing, as seen on BBC Springwatch, inspiring you to take action and be a #ForceForNature
- Hear passionate speeches from young people across England and Wales who are speaking up for trees and nature
- Meet our incredible young ambassadors who will share their personal stories through live illustration created by renowned artist Rachel Gadsden
- The exclusive first play of the Force For Nature song, written by own ambassador singer-songwriter Benjamin Haycock, former ITV’s The Voice contestant
Force For Nature Climate Festival
Scotland & Northern Ireland
- Renowned artist Rachel Gadsden, leading an interactive art activity to create a Force For Nature Forest
- Special guest, member of the Scottish Young People’s Forest Aidan Cronin, explaining how the Young Scots project is empowering young people to be a force for nature and helping to tackle the climate and nature crises
- Meet our incredible Ambassadors, inspiring you to take action and be a #ForceForNature
- Awards: The announcement of the winner of the Speaking Up for Trees and Nature competition and the Young Tree Champion Beacon Schools for 2021
- The exclusive first play of The Tree Council’s Force For Nature COP26 message
Supporting the Force For Nature campaign
Hear from some of our Young Tree Champions and others who support our Force for Nature campaign, including the John Foley, Rt Hon Lord Goldsmith, Rachel Gadsden and Jonathan Drori, CBE.